nanog mailing list archives

Re: FBI is at it again

From: herb () tomobiki urusei net
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 23:36:12 -0700 (PDT)

Forwardee message:

Per the following article: =
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,37203,00.html it appears as if the =
FBI now wants to route ALL Internet traffic through it's central =
servers!!!!

What gall!! What nerve!!!!

Now, for all of you who said, "Hey, I'm not doing anything wrong, let =
the FBI monitor what it wants to." can go shove hot spikes up your nose.

I don't think the FBI really wants to control the Internet, they want to =
destabilize it.  As tyranny approaches the only thing more dangerous =
than an armed populace is an informed one.  If they can monitor all the =
traffic, they can certainly control it.

The ISP's (whatever those are) need to collectively tell the FBI to go =
jump off a bridge.  Information campaigns need to be sent to the =
customers to alert them of the potential loss of civil liberties.

I'm gonna stop before I say something that will get me arrested.

Regards,

Larry Diffey

Here's an idea:  Shove it at them!  If they want to have a running log of
everything that goes on in the 'Net, let them try to keep up.  I hope
they have a lot of solid state disks...

/herb