nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Re: Digital Island sponsors DoS attempt?

From: Andy Walden <andy () tigerteam net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:25:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, JC Dill wrote:

Above.net's blocking of ORBS led to fewer and fewer networks using ORBS and
IMHO it contributed to the weakness that allowed the lawsuit to happen and
thrive.  If ORBS had been a stronger service with more users, they might
have done things differently before or during the lawsuit.

Maybe, but I think your reaching.. :)

What happens to Digital Island if networks (especially large networks)
start blocking them because they won't stop repeatedly scanning when
asked?  Can it do them *any* good?

That I agree with. I expect its a mistake on their end and they will fix
it. It wouldn't be very scalable to scan every network hundreds of times
and hour.

andy

--
PGP Key Available at http://www.tigerteam.net/andy/pgp