nanog mailing list archives

Re: wanted: 'beacon' hosts ?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer () gitoyen net>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 22:06:37 +0200

On Tuesday 2 October 2001, at 15 h 49,
"Peter Galbavy" <peter.galbavy () knowtion net> wrote:

Can anyone help (reciprocally would be fine) by providing permission to use
ICMP Echo and HTTP GET requests against something on their network (that is
well connected and reliable)

This is a very good idea. If you want to use www.gitoyen.net, ask me in
private.

PS I know this is NANOG, but I am even more interested in hearing from UK
and European networks.

Unfortunately, there is no such list for Europe :-( The closest is
lir-wg () ripe net which talks more about bureaucratic issues and less about
technical ones.

PPS If people are willing to offer this as a 'public' service, I will
happily summarise back to the list and/or build a web site with details.

A Web site to exchange easily beacon hosts would be a great idea. That's why I
reply in public.