nanog mailing list archives

Re: No more MMDS fixed wireless networks?

From: Curtis Maurand <curtis () lamere net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:25:43 -0400 (EDT)

true enough, but the Cisco system 5.8GHz does.

Curtis

On 4 Oct 2001, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

<vijay>it does not scale</vijay>

Curtis Maurand <curtis () lamere net> writes:

There are an awful lot of small ISP's out there doing fixed wireless and
making a bit of money at it.  They're not doing MMDS, they're doing 802.11
and just getting it done.  Better yet, they have no recurring loop costs
to contend with.  That Nokia rooftop system looks pretty cool from where I
sit.

Curtis Maurand
System Administrator
lamere.net powered by Prexar

*** My opinions are not those of my employer. ***