nanog mailing list archives

Re: netsol: not processing requests?

From: deeann mikula <deeann () telerama com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:58:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Bill Woodcock wrote:

    > Has anyone EVER successfully received a "host report" (i.e. nameserver
    > report showing all domains hosted on it) from them?
    > I tried years ago following their stated procedures with no luck.

We've done it three times over perhaps the last eighteen months, and never
had any difficulty.

yup, we get them done every 2 months.  i call and if the person i'm
speaking to doesn't understand what i'm talking about, i hang up and
try to get another support person.  the clue level varies widely on
the other end of their 800 number.

nevertheless, as soon as i can manage it, we are going to stop using
netsol anyway.  i just need the time to fully investigate my choice (a
local opensrs reseller,) and train my staff on how to deal with a new
registrar, update policies, etc.

deeann m.m. mikula

director of operations
telerama public access internet