nanog mailing list archives

Re: Photo Op: You too can have your picture taken with a.root-ser vers.net

From: Niels Bakker <niels=nanog () bakker net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:39:04 +0100

* mlarson () verisign com (Larson, Matt) [Thu 15 Nov 2001, 16:25 CET]:
We are in the process of diversifying all aspects of the com/net/org
name server constellation: name server software, name server hardware
and OS, and network hardware and OS.  Our goal is to eliminate the
possibility of a single hardware or software defect affecting all the
sites.

... After first moving them all to one architecture (IBM RS/6000, is it
not?).  A Dilbert cartoon exists for this precise situation.

        -- Niels.