nanog mailing list archives

Re: CNN glitch (was Re: Plane crash in Queens

From: "Jeffrey C. Ollie" <jeff () ollie clive ia us>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:12:10 -0600

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 12:08:52AM -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:

On 11:01 AM 11/12/2001 -0500, JC Dill wrote:
From a "network operations" viewpoint, it appears that yet again all
paths to www.cnn.com are overloaded.  Can you reach www.cnn.com from your
network?

According to a CNN spokesperson, they had an "internal glitch" which
prevented some people from reaching their site for about an hour this
morning.  No word on what the glitch was, or if it involved a human.

I wasn't able to see CNN from my viewpoint for a while yesterday
morning.  I've got a Cricket system set up to monitor CNN (my boss
wants performance metrics for our Internet connection).  I've attached
a PNG that shows what yesterday looked like.  The center of the graph
is Monday.

Jeff