nanog mailing list archives

[no subject]

If people would have paid attention then to the implications, this monster
would have been nipped in the bud. Instead, their camel is now in your tent.
And it's not even Uncle Sam's beast...

So what was that Conan saying again? ;)

--Mitch
NetSide

At 9:18 PM -0400 5/27/01, Mitch Halmu wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2001, Dan Hollis wrote:

 On Sun, 27 May 2001, Roeland Meyer wrote:
 > You must not have a roaming staff or are willing to keep telcos wealthy.

 roaming staff either use webmail or pop-before-smtp.

 -Dan

Is there a rule that, except for local dial-in, we cannot offer the same
services to a client located in a part of the world that we dont't have
a dial-in POP as we offer to our local clients? Why shouldn't such clients
be able to get their dial-in somewhere and the rest of their services from
somewhere else? That includes using a remote SMTP server in the same way
a local user can, period.

--Mitch
NetSide

--
| dredd () megacity org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |