nanog mailing list archives

Re: Scanning (was Re: Stealth Blocking)

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 13:34:48 -0400

William Allen Simpson wrote:

As a quick update, I'll point out that two years ago, ORBS may have
been called IMRSS and/or Dorkslayers, a distinction without a
difference.

IMRSS was run by Ron Guilmette out in California. ORBS used to be
Dorkslayers and is operated by Alan Brown.

I just received proof positive that Greg is an ORBS supporter, just in
case the trolls were not recognized as such.  He won't accept email
(from my SO's home)....  Yet, last time I checked, Earthlink didn't
allow outside relaying -- and I cannot send SMTP thru Earthlink to my
own ISP, as port 25 appears to be blocked.

(finally) but Earthlink has had a lot of problems in the past.
Earthlink USED to be a huge spam sewer (yes, I meant sewer, not spewer
:)

So any blacklistings are probably in place for historical reasons.

You could argue that the lists should be modified if the spam sources
are no longer spam sources, and I would agree with you, but that isn't
under Greg's direct control.

--
Tired of Earthlink? Get JustTheNet!
Nationwide Dialup, ISDN, DSL, ATM, Frame Relay, T-1, T-3, and more.