nanog mailing list archives

RE: Stealth Blocking

From: <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 00:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Roeland Meyer wrote:

The transmission of large files is not a valid use of email.

Is too... I send large documents regularly, via email. I just sent a 125
page word doc, with about 20 embedded Visio drawings and a bunch of embedded
Excel spreadsheets. It was huge. Most of the recipients are on dialups with
Win98. How else do you expect me to get it to them ... FTP? Most of them are
NOT computer jocks.

Email them a URL with a username and password.

--
 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |