nanog mailing list archives

Re: Political Correctness Strikes a Blow for free speech....

From: Scott Francis <scott () virtualis com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:42:08 -0700

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 02:17:50PM -0400, David Lesher exclaimed:

I just love the bounce message I just got back...

Trend SMEX Content Filter has detected sensitive content.

Place = nanog () merit edu; ; ; wb8foz () nrk com
Sender = David Lesher
Subject = Re: [Fwd: Re: HR 1542 [OT, anti-BS attempt, US]]
Delivery Time = May 07, 2001 (Monday) 14:09:15
Policy = Sexual Discrimination
Action on this mail = Quarantine message

Warning message from administrator:
Sender, Content filter has detected a sensitive e-mail.

What a great way to limit my audience to those adult enough
to be willing to risk "sensitive content..."

so what "sensitive content" tripped the filter? was it legitimate (i.e. one of
the 7 words, discussion of bedroom practices, etc.) or was it a bonehead
filter a la CyberSitter et al?

--
Scott Francis                scott@ [work:] v i r t u a l i s . c o m
Systems Analyst          darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t