nanog mailing list archives

Re: experience with BGP on Extreme's Alpine

From: Jonathan Disher <jdisher () ipix com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:20:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Arnold Nipper wrote:

I know ExtremeNetwork's high position in L2, but don't have any idea how they
perform on L3. Now an Alpine3804 might the right solution for a customer as
he needs a loadbalancer, switch and router which also should do BGP.

Any experience and hints welcome!

Personally, I'm a purist.  I say use something like an Alteon AD3 or
ACESwitch 180e for a loadbalancer, $favorite_vendor_kit for router, and
the alpine for a switch.

-j

--
-Jonathan Disher
-Sr. Systems and Network Engineer, Web Operations