nanog mailing list archives

Re: Frame-relay outage: Nolo Contendere

From: Jeff Mcadams <jeffm () iglou com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:39:27 -0400

(Not sure if your email address is spam-trapped or not)

Also sprach E.B. Dreger
I recently read a tariff filing by SWBT that did something similar.
I'd have to dig up the filing for the exact wording, but it was
something to the effect of "we're just doing this because we're nice,
not because we think it applies."  Yeah, right.

Is this "we don't agree with the PUC, but we're just doing it because
we're so nice" thing something that SBC does now?

BellSouth is certainly trying that line with the Kentucky PSC in our
case regarding their DSL tariff.  That issue may end up coming to a head
pretty soon now...should be interesting to watch.

Case number 1999-484 at the KY PSC, http://www.psc.state.ky.us.  Not all
filings are available online with the case, but recent (past 4 months)
rulings from the PSC are.

Seriously though...anyone interested in DSL deployment issues is
encouraged to check this case out.
--
Jeff McAdams                            Email: jeffm () iglou com
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848