nanog mailing list archives

Re: [zoc-0635624] [uunet-395213]: Not to be alarmist, but is there aknown problem in San Diego?

From: Marshall Eubanks <tme () 21rst-century com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:04:50 -0400

The missing BGP/MBGP announcements are back now.

Marshall Eubanks wrote:

Bill Woodcock wrote:

UUNet says that they're opening a lot of tickets there, starting at 5:35am
PST, and we lost a bunch of stuff down there, and every _voice_ phone
number I've tried in the 619 or 858 area codes gets an error message
"We're sorry, the number you're calling cannot be completed from this
telephone at the customer's request".  That includes both the NOC for the
San Diego Supercomputer Center and the NOCs of several San Diego-area
ISPs.

Anybody else noticing anything?

                                -Bill

Yeah, we lost MBGP and BGP routing announcements from all AS 195 prefixes and
domains transited through AS 195 (San Diego Supercomputer Center (ASN-SDSC)).

 AS    195  SDSC-AS                         :   29 prefixes :   59 prefixes &    4 ASN supported :   2 hops : as path
  145   195
 AS   1227  SDSC-TEST1-AS                   :   22 prefixes :   22 prefixes &    1 ASN supported :   3 hops : as path
  145   195  1227
 AS   1909  ALPHA-NAP-AS                    :    1 prefixes :    1 prefixes &    1 ASN supported :   3 hops : as path
  145   195  1909
 AS   2641  TSRI-AS                         :    7 prefixes :    7 prefixes &    1 ASN supported :   3 hops : as path
  145   195  2641

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

   Multicast Technologies, Inc.
   10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
   Fairfax, Virginia 22030
   Phone : 703-293-9624          Fax     : 703-293-9609
   e-mail : tme () on-the-i com     http://www.on-the-i.com

 Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
Check the status of multicast in real time : http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html