nanog mailing list archives

RE: Microwave...

From: Paul Lantinga <prl () q9 com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:28:46 -0500

I recall that when I was working in Bangalore, India, another multinational
company (I think it was Siemens but I can't recall definitively) had to
poison the vultures that consistently perched on their microwave dish to get
reliable point to point.  Given the complete non-regulation of spectrum out
there, at least once we had another provider clash with our spectrum[1],
forcing us to flip the dips until we found a clear one.  However, when it
worked, it was incredibly solid.

Chocolate bars in India were usually melted already when you bought them.
;)

[1] Sometimes they would clash physically with us when they mounted extra
dishes on the tower in the downtown location - as in, some guy standing on
our dish to mount his.

--
Paul LANtinga
Q9 Networks, Inc.