nanog mailing list archives

Re: Early warning system

From: Lloyd Taylor <ltaylor () keynote com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:18:41 -0800 (PST)

I actually asked the CAISO folks to set up a notification mailing list.
This was their response:

Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:09:26 -0800
From: WebMaster <WebMaster () caiso com>
Subject: RE: Emailed Market Notices

Thank you for your interest in energy conservation. The ISO is currently
investigating direct notification of the end-user community. There will be a
general announcement if the ISO implements such a program.

Although services such as the one you mention are interesting, the ISO must
be concerned about the security of any system it establishes. We have
already had reports of "sham" notifications of electrical emergencies in the
Sacramento area and possibly in other areas.

I offered to help them set up a PGP-signed system, but got no response.

--Lloyd