nanog mailing list archives

Re: Multiple Roots are "a good thing" - Karl Auerbach

From: Shawn McMahon <smcmahon () eiv com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:24:57 -0500

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 12:33:07AM -0800, Scott Francis wrote:

yes, and multiple directory services are a great thing. However, when I dial
+1.310.642.0351 it reaches the same number no matter where the call
originates, in what phone network, who my LD carrier is, who my local telco
is, or how many switches it passes through on the way.

On my phone I get an error if I dial that.

I have to dial something else first to tell it that I'm looking for a
number that's not on my local phone network, but instead on the one
Bellsouth participates in.