nanog mailing list archives

Re: Broken Internet?

From: Adam McKenna <adam () flounder net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:18:56 -0800

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 10:25:08PM -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:
Good, then you won't mind paying for my renumber then ... BTW, having gone
through this excersize a number of times, you are wrong. I depends on what
types of services you are ruinning on how many hosts and the complexity of
your distributed clusters. The ones that gave me the greatest heartburn is
my Oracle DB cluster.

Why, exactly, does your Oracle DB cluster need to be in routable address
space?  Are people connecting to it from outside of your company?

But, my root zone cluster was almost as bad, followed
closely by my web cluster and my Win2K AD/DDNS domains. Of course,
re-engineering a /24 onto a /27 ate a bunch of time. Oh yeah, since the
revenues were flat-lined, I couldn't afford to pay the SA staff and I had to
do it myself, whilst also fending off the legal notices of those excersizing
their software escrow clauses and others whom were P-O'd about my TLS
servers being suddenly off-line. 60% of that /24 are various forms of server
cluster.

You decided to run a business on DSL, and now you're paying the price for
that.  You really have nothing to complain about except your own bad
judgement.  Why is this thread still going?

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna <adam-sig () flounder net> | "No matter how much it changes,
http://flounder.net/publickey.html   |  technology's just a bunch of wires