nanog mailing list archives

Re: new.net: yet another dns namespace overlay play

From: Scott Gifford <sgifford () tir com>
Date: 08 Mar 2001 19:48:46 -0500

Another stated rationale is that ICANN UDRP is "flawed".  I'm not sure
how adding pirate domains improves the UDRP.  The pirate has publically
stated that it will follow the UDRP.

Several folks suggested examples of "reverse-hijacked" domain
decisions.  I've taken a bit of time to look at the most frequently
cited.  Here's two that are exemplar:

[ ... ]

We've probably strayed way off-topic, but I think that it speaks
volumes about how well the UDRP works that research had to be done to
find two cases where it made a reasonable ruling.

-------ScottG.