nanog mailing list archives

Re: PPPoE server software?

From: <doug () safeport com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:32:08 -0500 (EST)

FreeBSD supports PPPoE

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Matt Cramer wrote:

| Signature by unknown keyid: 0x1F6A4471

We are looking to test various DSL modems and routers in our lab, but
can't get a DSL connection put in that building according to Verizon.  I'd
like to simulate one by running my own PPPoE server (my purpose is to test
the various SOHO routers on the market, particularly the Linksys and the
Cisco).

If anyone has any information about doing this, such as pointers to PPPoE
server software (I'd prefer to do it with linux or BSD), I would
appreciate the info.

Thanks,

Matt

--
Matthew S. Cramer <mscramer () armstrong com>               Office: 717-396-5032
Lead Security Analyst                                    Fax:    717-396-5590

_____
Douglas Denault
doug () safeport com
Voice: 301-469-8766