nanog mailing list archives

Re: aol rejects mailing lists?

From: "Christopher A. Woodfield" <rekoil () semihuman com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:19:49 -0400

AOL is seriously cracking down on mailing lists, mainly because it's
difficult to tell a mailing list from a spam run. This has been discussed
on SPAM-L; AOL must "whitelist" your mailing list, and there's a long
agreement that the admin has to sign before they'll do so. However, I have
no clue who to contact at AOL that handles this; let me work some inside
contacts and see if I can't find anything out.

-Chris