nanog mailing list archives

Re: Houston problems?

From: Scott Francis <darkuncle () darkuncle net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 00:54:46 -0700

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 11:21:06PM -0400, Tim Wilde exclaimed:

Easy there Jason, I think that the 95th percentile of NANOG readers
understood Richard's joke to be some sort of reference to packet flooding as
further evidenced by the net smiley with which he ended his email.  What
with all the sarcasm on this list, a bit of humor is most welcome.

But my average five-minute sample of NANOG readers in fact found that they
saw it as a highly inflammatory remark.  Which is better?!

hrm, that'd make you about 4 minutes 30 seconds longer in your sample rate
than said inflammatory remarkers. :)

Tim -:)

--
Scott Francis                   darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t
UNIX | IP networks | security | sysadmin | caffeine | BOFH | general geekery