nanog mailing list archives

Re: Multicast Traffic on Backbones

From: Brandon Ross <bross () netrail net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 18:38:12 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Deepak Jain wrote:

Don't know why I came across this, but I found a document on
Sprintlink's site that says their entire backbone is multicast
enabled, and they also peer with the MBONE for multicast traffic. They
charge no fee for dedicated customers to be multicast-enabled.

Are any other major networks doing this?

I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader of whether or not NetRail
qualifies as a 'major network', but we do run native multicast across our
entire backbone and it is available to all customers.

--
Brandon Ross                                                 404-522-5400
EVP Engineering, NetRail                           http://www.netrail.net