nanog mailing list archives

Re: A moment of silence.

From: Bill Woodcock <woody () zocalo net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 16:05:31 -0700 (PDT)

    > I've received a number of replies, some down, some up.  It does
    > appear that only some connections are down, for yet unknown reasons.

It has always been WorldCom's marketing position that their switches
are at the topological "center" of MAE-East.  However they have never in
fact had a monopoly on switch-ports at MAE-East, and only their
after-the-fact marketing FUD has managed to convince some people that
their switch ports are somehow more legitimate than everyone else's.  A
minority of MAE-East participants' _routers_  were actually connected to
Worldcom switch ports, but we now have the opportunity to find out how
many participants' _switches_ were connected to Worldcom switches.