nanog mailing list archives

Re: Statement of WorldCom, Inc. on Nasdaq Network Service Interruption

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cybernothing org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 23:59:48 -0700

On 06/29/01, Brian Wallingford <brian () meganet net> wrote:

The ten-thousand dollar question is who authorized _development testing_
on a production network at 2:30pm - NASDAQ or Wcom?  "Routine testing" at
2:30pm?  Or was it a fluke related to a problem with personnel
management?

        "Routine testing" could well mean "our most junior technician
        was told to clean up the mess of cables, and one fell out."
        I'm sure that's happened to everyone here....

--
J.D. Falk                                         let that boy boogie-woogie
<jdfalk () cybernothing org>