nanog mailing list archives

Re: Akamai Servers: Normal or Weird?

From: Simon Lyall <simon.lyall () ihug co nz>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 10:16:44 +1200 (NZST)

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Chris Rapier wrote:
Is something funny happening with them lately or is it normal to see
45Mbps of UDP traffic between akamai servers (45Mps peak, average for
the past 24 hours is around 15Mbps. Prior to that it wasn't enough to
show up in our graphs). More information: Our akamai farm is the one
recieving all of the data - its coming into our various akamai hosts on
port 1455.

Our Akimai's are doing a bit of traffic in the last 6 hours as well, the
overnight shift noticed and logged it. I've attached a mrtg graph that is
showing the whole thing (green to our farm, blue is from).

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: simon.lyall () ihug co nz
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: simon () darkmere gen nz