nanog mailing list archives

Re: telnet vs ssh on Core equipment , looking for reasons why ?

From: Ariel Biener <ariel () fireball tau ac il>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:56:00 +0300 (IDT)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:

  Hi,

   We use des/3des ssh to access core equipment. The reasons are self
explanatory I believe.

--Ariel

      Hello All ,I have charged myself with trying to find a statistic
      on how many individuals responsible for IP core equipment
      recommend telnet or ssh & why particularly .I will summarize .
              Tia ,JimL

     | James   W.   Laferriere | System    Techniques | Give me VMS     |
     | Network        Engineer |     P.O. Box 854     |  Give me Linux  |
     | babydr () baby-dragons com | Coudersport PA 16915 |   onlyon  AXP |

--
Ariel Biener
e-mail: ariel () post tau ac il