nanog mailing list archives

Smurf Amplification and Sonoma Access

From: Jon Stanley <jstanley () zeus rmrf net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:51:24 -0500

I have a big problem with the Sonoma Access prodcut that I have not been able to figure out how to solve, hoping maybe
someone here has the product and can help.

Basically the problem is that the box is a smurf amplifer by default, and there seems to be no way to disable it.  I
have looked through both the console interface and the SonomaView GUI with no success.  Being that we have a fairly
significant amount of these on our network, this is a major problem.

By the way, this product is the same as the Nortel Universal Edge 640, they bought Sonoma.....

Any help would be appreciated....