nanog mailing list archives

Kick em while they're down (was Re: Microsoft)

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: 24 Jan 2001 15:29:36 -0800

It now appears the Microsoft saga has entered a new phase.  While
the earlier problems seemed to be releated to an internal Microsoft
error, this afternoon it seems like someone (manyones) saw the
opportunity to launch a lot of traffic at Microsoft.  Of course,
I can't tell if the congestion is just people clicking "Refresh"
on their browsers or a DDOS.  Microsoft made a brief appearance, but
then was off the net again.  Even if the original problem wasn't
caused by script-kiddies, the points of congestion would indicate
they are there now.

Since the men in dark sunglasses usually start showing up at this point,
I'll go do something different for a while.