nanog mailing list archives

Re: Covad SUCKS!

From: Adam McKenna <adam () flounder net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:02:53 -0800

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 01:54:41PM -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:
MHSC has been down since 7Feb01 and Covad is the culprit. MHSC pays its
bills, but Covad had a problem with my upstream. On Wednesday, 7Feb01, Covad
cut off all links and feeds to my upstream. I've been down ever since.
Everyone knows how quickly telcos turn up services, that's why co-lo centers
have customers. Covad cut off MHSC access, without warning, without,
compansation, and their SafetyNet program is the worst joke. I have a /24
and the new ISPs, that Covad is forcing me to use, can't assign a new /24.
Shit, one of them can't even assign one static address. The one that this is
going out thru tis trying to convince me that I can run 62 computers, using
130 IP addrs, on a /27 <heh>. We talked earlier about how non-portable
addresses suck. Here is the reason why. I either use one of their SafetyNet
providers or suffer up to 45 days of outage. Two weeks of warning and I
would have been able to avoid the outage. (BTW, my ISDN backup feed is dead
as well). I've tried contacting Covad, thier executive staff, etc. No joy
there, Covad doesn't care.

Hmm, gee, isn't there a cliche' that fits this exact problem?  Something
about eggs?

--Adam