nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Solutions Bilking ex-customers

From: "Henry R. Linneweh" <linneweh () concentric net>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 08:47:18 -0800

I would be more forceful with the original registrar and make them deal
with the problem since they are the ones not being forceful enough to
get the desired result for your money and if they do not give the desired
result I would file an official complaint with ICANN they are sanctioning
bogus domain registrars that are not living up to their commitment.

poptix () sleepybox poptix net wrote:

In network solutions favour, I have to say that I have not recieved any
invoices for the domains I've renewed in the past few months (quite a few)
only a letter confirming that payment was recieved and that it will be up
for renew in another x amount of years. OTOH, I have recieved letters from
network solutions that look like bills for renewal, that are actually
changeover forms to move your domain from another registrar (opensrs in
the 3 letters I got) which I greatly dislike. (it's real fun when the
customer gets it and calls to complain that they paid us for it already,
and want to know why they're getting a bill from NSI). NSI, moving from
one bad marketing ploy to another.

                                Matthew S. Hallacy
                                XtraTyme Technologies