nanog mailing list archives

Re: Beer and Gear surprise

From: abha <ahuja () wibh net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:29:01 -0800 (PST)

I disagree.  Read my other post.  The charter defines membership.  Of course
it is entirely too broad.  As I interpret it, if you are a network operator,
researcher or vendor, you may be a member of NANOG.

Right, it is a broad definition.

The charter does not define community, only membership.

Maybe it isn't clear enough to you, but if you read the charter and the
addendum, it is the case that membership == community.   There isn't a
"membership" in the sense of paying dues, etc.  This goes back to the days
of the regional techs meetings and the whole point of NANOG...

Okay, now i'm done... :)

-abha ;)