nanog mailing list archives

Extended Communities

From: Susan Hares <skh () nexthop com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:36:17 -0500

nanog-ites:

I need some input from the Operator community on
the use of Extended communities in BGP.  I would like to
know how many people:

        - originate a technology that uses extended communities,
        - pass through BGP packets with Extended communities, and
        - block packets with Extended communities.

I would like to leave the discussion of the operator use of the
extended communities on the NANOG list as I think it may be useful
to keep in the archive.

If you don't want to comment publically, please also send me a note
privately (skh () nexthop com).  If you want to chat at me,
my phone's list.

Also, people are welcome to comment on the specification to
me (skh () nexthop com).   I will summarize comments on the Extended
Community specification to the list.

Thanks for the input,

Sue Hares
(co-chair idr)