nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Operations Luminaries?

From: "Joel Baker" <lucifer () lightbearer com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 12:18:11 -0700

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 09:01:22AM -0800, Bill Woodcock wrote:

The luminaries of our culture, if they exist, are the engineers who made
the famous mistakes which are indelibly commited to our collective memory,
from which the greatest number of other engineers have learned a lesson
without replicating the learning experience first-hand.

                                -Bill

Nomination:

Jeff "Ampersand" Rizzo. For teaching us all just *why* it is that you don't
want to redistribute BGP into your IGP. Or so goes the tale relayed to me.
While I worked at the relevant company at the relevant time, I didn't work
with the network there until a year or two later.
--
lucifer () lightbearer com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/