nanog mailing list archives

Re: TCP session disconnection caused by Code Red?

From: mike harrison <meuon () highertech net>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 14:29:10 -0400 (EDT)

For the last few days, our network seems to be basically unreachable from the
outside. Most incoming TCP sessions (web requests, incoming mail, telnet
sessions, etc.) often fail with a simple "Connection refused" like nobody is

Your routers are brain dead from the load.. routers that are used to
handling a few thousand connections are being asked to handle 10's of
thousands. 1 good 1000+ address scan from an ISDN user kills my
Lucent/Ascend TNT unless we filter for it.