nanog mailing list archives

RE: black hat .cn networks

From: Dan Hollis <goemon () anime net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:34:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Alex Bligh wrote:
I just love the way (some) Americans bleat about their
supposed constitutional rights to have their packets
passed between any given pair of networks, but (perhaps
others) are quite happy to route-map out entire
subcontinents on the basis there might be a few
(i.e. statistically insignificant number of)
trouble makers there...

AS4134 is totally black hat. 100% rogue and haven for spammers and
crackers.

They have a bogus replybot which gives automated bullshit excuses to abuse
reports.

Somehow I just can't imagine someone suggesting AOL / Earthlink
(& I've seen plenty of 'interesting' packets
from there) are blackholed for the same reason
would get away with this on NANOG.

because aol/earthlink actually bother to respond to abuse reports (albeit
slowly).

AS4134 basically tells you to fuck off and eat your spam and tolerate
their script kiddies.

-Dan