nanog mailing list archives

Re: [ga] Verisign Agreement Adopted (fwd)

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:12:12 -0400

Patrick Greenwell wrote:

For those of you not following this, the following decision means
effectively NSI has been regranted a registry monopoly over .com (they
spin out .net and .org) and they do not have to split the registry
operation from the registrar operation.

?!

uhhh, so what happens to all the alternative dotcom registrars?

I mean, is ICANN asking to be hauled into court or what?

--
Steven J. Sobol/CTO/JustThe.net LLC | sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net
SAY IT LOUD: I'M GEEK AND I'M PROUD! | 888.480.4NET (4638) 216.619.2NET (2638)