nanog mailing list archives

Re: Information from an FTP violation this weekend.

From: Scott Francis <scott () virtualis com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:23:42 -0700

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 12:11:44AM -0700, Roeland Meyer had this to say:

You must know that just keeping warez available on your systems, makes you
eleigible for copyright violations? My daughter dated one of these
warez-pirates for a while. Pirate is exactly what most of them are.
Unlicensed commercial software is what most of that stuff is. Which means
that copyright violation is exactly what you are doing and condoning when
you knowingly leave that stuff there. This makes both you and your company
vulnerable to shutdown. Have you never heard of a software audit?

<whisper>
um, I think he was joking ... note the smiley following the message.
</whisper>