nanog mailing list archives

Re: Getting a "portable" /19 or /20

From: "Christopher A. Woodfield" <rekoil () electro semihuman com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:15:19 -0400

Oh, and when you can

(a) have Linux shut down a failing interface card on the fly and keep
humming along,

and

(b) be able to replace said card without shutting down,

lemme know.

Granted, there are many applications where a Linux or BSD box (or
preferably, two boxes terminating redundant circuits) running
gated would suit the needs perfectly, but anything considered mission-critical
is not such an application, IMHO.

-C