nanog mailing list archives

Re: Getting a "portable" /19 or /20

From: Stephen Sprunk <stephen () sprunk org>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:31:52 -0500

Thus spake "Kyle C. Bacon" <kbacon () fnsi net>>
Obtaining IP space from ARIN is easy as 1, 2, 3

1) Document your network and force your customers to document
theirs (if you are re-allocating to customers)
2) Practice responsible allocations as outlines in RFC's & ARIN (force
your customers to do the same)
3) SWIP

Responsible allocation is what got him in trouble in the first place.
If he did it like the big providers (assigning a /23 to every customer
even if they don't want it), he would have qualified for a /19 long
ago.

--
Stephen Sprunk      "So long as they don't get violent, I want to let
CCIE #3723      everyone say what they wish, for I myself have always