nanog mailing list archives

Northern Viriginia Power

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: 5 Apr 2001 18:41:22 -0700

On Thu, 05 April 2001, John Starta wrote:
The service interruption was apparently a result of a major regional power
failure in Northern Virginia. I'm curious whether it was AOL or their
providers who suffered from the power failure. I would expect AOL would
have back-up power.

http://www.techtv.com/news/internet/story/0,24195,3320700,00.html

Was anyone else effected in Northern Virginia?  Other than a couple of
stories about AOL IM being down, I couldn't find any news coverage of
a major regional power outage in Northern Viriginia.  The only story
I found was an electrical fire at Dullas Town Center near the Gap store.

VEPCO customer service didn't know of any power outages.