nanog mailing list archives

Re: Disabling QAZ (was Re: Port 139 scans)

From: "Dana Hudes" <dhudes () hudes org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:02:48 -0400

I am willing to scrap together a script to shutdown the virus on an infected machine and put it in a CGI web page.
I'm not sure about volume but initially I think I can host it. In the event my 1Mbit connection is overwhelmed I'll
need another place....
What stops me at the moment is that I have no authorization to test against any infected machine.
I need a target.
I'm willing to also try for making the connection to the share and removing the infection but I'm not sure I can get it
in time.
At least a shutdown page would do something.
I will start writing my code and await direct e-mail with authorization and a target IP address to test against.
Note that I have plenty of potential test targets in my Samba logs :-( but no legal authority to connect to those
machines.