nanog mailing list archives

Re: netscan.org update

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () netmore net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:03:54 -0700

Interesting.  I've been running it for over a year with no problems, but
I'll definitely keep an eye on it.  Thanks to you and Mr. Frazier for
the pointers.

"Majdi S. Abbas" wrote:

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 12:26:58AM -0700, rdobbins () netmore net wrote:
Could you elaborate on this, please?  Granted, I'm a hosting shop and not a
backbone network, but I'm running CEF on my border without complaint, and to
apparent good effect.

Is there some sort of lossage in doing so that I'm missing?

        Not yet.

        You'll know....

        You'll know when all of a sudden packets start disappearing and
it looks like you're having routing issues.  Clear the CEF tables and it
will go away.

        This happens randomly, usually when you're not close to a
terminal.

        --msa

--
 Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () netmore net> // 818.535.5024 voice