nanog mailing list archives

Re: New Peering Point Mailing Lists

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: 8 Oct 2000 22:11:12 -0700

On Sun, 08 October 2000, Jeffrey Meltzer wrote:
There doesn't seem to be any mailing lists existing specifically
for the public Peering Points.  So, I've created a few.

In my experience every public peering point has a mailing list
associated with it.  I've been subscribed to mailing lists for
mae-east, mae-west, all the NAPs with address space managed by
Bill Manning and ISI.  I'm less familar with mailing lists for
XPs outside the US, but most also have a mailing list associated
with each exchange point.

Sometimes the XP operator makes a big deal of only allowing certain
people to subscribe to their list.  But it is rarely difficult to
find a member willing to forward messages.  I'm subscribed to relatively
few lists now, but I have messages forwarded to me all the time.  I
would prefer to subscribe directly, if only so I could manage my aliases
better.  But I understand a long time ago the XP operator promised its
membership it would only allow other members to subscribe to the list,
so now they feel they can't change the rules.