nanog mailing list archives

Re: DoS attacks, NSPs unresponsiveness (fwd)

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <cmorrow () UU NET>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 16:22:35 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Ariel Biener wrote:

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

Our policy is to track attacks that peers bring to us also... just follow
the procedures I outlined in the initial message (call 1-800-900-0241
option 2,3,1 and ask for a Router Engineer)... We'll happily track the
attack for you. :)

Chris, this is all nice on e-mail, but my experience is that what we got
when we used this procedure was:

We're willing to blackhole this for you, but unwilling to track. This
happened 10 days ago.

A UUNET Engineer got a call from which ISP, not you because you are not
a customer... Which ISP called you, and what was eventually done about
this?

With some information aside from the included by you I might be able to
find an answer for you on what happened and why it happened.

--Ariel

--
Ariel Biener
e-mail: ariel () post tau ac il           Work phone: 03-6406086