nanog mailing list archives

Los Alamos Fire, Internet helping People......

From: "John M. Brown" <jmbrown () ihighway net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 20:22:59 -0600

The raging fire in Los Alamos, New Mexico is devistating.

Many of our states ISP's and IT folks are helping pitch in
with computers, connectivity and know-how to help track
and locate people.

The ABQ Journal saw a 400 percent increase in bandwith, inside
of 6 hours today.  They are now running between 4 to 6 Mb/s

I personally want to thank Verio and Cable and Wireless, our
backbone vendors in New Mexico.  Everything is running perfect.

I also want to thank those many members of the
New Mexico Internet Professional Assoc.  They have put together
a wonderful site to track and locate people.

This is one of the things we as Internet Professionals must
not forget.  The "Net" is also here to help our fellow
people out.

If anyone that is affected by this fire needs help, please
contact me offline.

For more information check out:

www.abqjournal.com

fire.nmipa.org