nanog mailing list archives

RE: Anybody patching Sendmail to filter _attachments_?

From: "Roeland Meyer (E-mail)" <rmeyer () mhsc com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 11:48:55 -0700

The problem with the new filter API (thanks for leting me know about this guys) is that it requires a full-scale
sendmail (to 8.10) upgrade for most of us. Check my headers, I'm at 8.9.3 and I don't see many others newer than that.
These are production mail hubs and willy-nilly upgrades aren't allowed there (we just got to 8.9.3, last month), too
many potential side-effects (not to mention the lack of full dox).

So far, the procmail approach seems the most generic. However, we have to do it on a "per domain" basis, like JD.

J.D. Falk
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 10:35 AM