nanog mailing list archives

Re: compaq.com no longer resolveable

From: foo <foo () eek org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:36:35 -0500

10 minutes? you got *lucky*. we've waited literally hours in the past.
this is particularly problematic when certain services such as the
expedited RNCA _require_ talking to a human. the only way we've been
somewhat successful in getting ahold of someone at NSOL is calling before
9am est. you can imagine this is rather painful for folks on the west
coast.

-brian

brett watson wrote:

Actually, I literally stumbled upon this on the NetSol site.  Whether the
number really works or not, I don't know, I have my own DSL horror story
that has left my phone useless (billing, not technical).

http://www.networksolutions.com/help/tech-savvy.html

(for the tech savvy that can dial a phone, I guess)

oh, it works just swell.  i called last night (before 9pm est) to get
help on a domain registration and got a recording saying "we're sorry,
we're busy, try our web site...".  this repeated twice and rather than
going to a hold queue, they simply hang up on you.  i went through
that 4 times in 30 minutes and the 5th time i finally got put in a
hold queue for 10 minutes before getting someone live.

the rest of the conversation, i won't even bore you with.

-b