nanog mailing list archives

Re: New York City: ATT Local Service (TCG)

From: Kai Schlichting <kai () pac-rim net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 20:15:34 -0400

At Wednesday 08:06 PM 6/28/00 , Sean Doran wrote:

People are reporting that AT&T local services (TCG)in New York city has
died in a very nasty way.  Not only did ALS lose its circuits, but all
the ALS customer service numbers from the area are out of order too,
hence folks have sent me mail asking if I know what's up.  I don't
know, anyone with some info?

Our PRI's in the AT&T/TCG co-lo at 32 Old Slip, Manhattan are dead for
incoming calls right now. You get either dead air, fast busy or worst:
a recording proclaiming the number has been disconnected and no further
information is available. But get this: people are still on the dialup
PRIs, the trunks are just not getting new calls.
Last incoming call: 6:50 EST

bye,Kai