nanog mailing list archives

Re: using IRR tools for BGP route filtering

From: jhsu () mur com
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:33:16 -0400

bmanning () vacation karoshi com is rumoured to have written:

 *      A fine idea. If I may be  permitted to flog a dead horse,
 *      the "right" way is to encode RPSL data in the in-addr.arpa or
 *      ip6.int tree.

flog away. it isn't entirely apropos, tho- sean wrote:

 * Are engineers keeping their managers' in the dark.  Does management
 * not know there is a potential solution to the problem.

imho, a dead horse doesn't really fall into the category of potential
solutions to the immediate problem. i was addressing the problems i saw
with the resources currently at hand- those resources presumably
being what sean was considering when he asked if engineers were
keeping their managers in the dark regarding potential solutions.

of course, it could all be a conspiracy. but i haven't recieved my
conspirators newsletter yet, if so.

_k